Network Management in Interconnected Electric Power Systems
SC 8C Scope
Standardization in the field of network management in interconnected electric power systems, including functions with different time horizons, e.g. design, planning, operation, control and market integration.
SC 8C develops normative deliverables/guidelines/technical reports such as:
- Terms and definitions in area of network management,
- Guidelines for network design, planning, operation, control, and market integration,
- Contingency criteria, classification, countermeasures, and controller response, as a basis of technical requirements for reliability, adequacy, security, stability and resilience analysis,
- Functional and technical requirements for network operation management systems, stability control systems, etc.
- Functional and technical requirements for energy, ancillary service and capacity markets,
- Technical profiling of reserve products for effective market integration,
- Technical requirements of wide-area operation, such as balancing reserve sharing, emergency power wheeling,
SC 8C cooperates with IEC Technical Committees: TC 22, SC 45A, TC 57, TC 82, TC 88, TC 95, TC 115, TC 120, TC 122 and international organizations, such as CIGRE, CIRED, ENTSO-E and IEEE to ensure technical feasibility and implementation of its developed standards.
* Within TC 8, SC 8C coordinates with SC 8A and SC 8B for topics such as renewable energy generators or microgrids/DEES (decentralized electric energy systems) connection and impact to the electric power systems.
|SC 8C Officers|